Saturday, January 17, 2009

First Post

With the encouragement of some folks over on Gunblogger Conspiracy, I've decided to start a gun blog of my own.

I've found myself wanting to document my experiences and opinions on a few subjects recently, and discussed the prospect of a gun blog with my girlfriend over dinner at the new burger joint in town last night. We talked about the kinds of things I wanted to write about - namely guns, food, and photography. I then came to the realization that a great many of the gun blogs cover this same set of subjects - The Lawdog Files and Home On The Range being a couple of prime examples. I asked my girlfriend why she thought this was, and her response was simply, "...because that's all you really need". And so I had a name for my blog.


And now, a brief bit of background about myself:

I'm a man in his early 30s living in Austin, Texas. I am by no means a firearms expert - in fact I have only owned guns for the past two years of my life. In that time, however, I have come to have a great respect and appreciation for firearms and the people who excersize the rights and responsibilites of keeping and bearing arms.

I enjoy good food and cooking, and am currently exploring game recipes.

Photography is a subject I formally studied and for five years, and a skill I utilize for the occasional odd job and for the simple pleasure of seeking out, capturing, and creating a beautiful image for others to enjoy.


I've got a duck hunt to make in a few hours, so this concludes my first post.

3 comments:

  1. Welcome to the blogosphere! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome!. You are right, you don't need a whole lot more than guns, the outdoors, and good food.

    I look forward to the game recipes. I've only posted a couple as hunting was scarce this last year due to my work schedule. We'll look forward to that!

    ReplyDelete